An accidental electrical fire that broke out at the Mariners Village apartment complex in Marina del Rey early Sunday, February 17th, caused approximately $190,000 in damage, Los Angeles County Fire Department officials said.

No injuries were reported in the fire but one cat was found dead, a County Fire Department spokesman said.

Approximately 35 firefighters were called at 8:58 a.m. to the apartment complex at 13940 Northwest Passage, where a fire was reported in a three-story building. Los Angeles city firefighters were also called to the scene for assistance.

First-arriving fire units reported seeing smoke coming from the building and spreading through the second floor, the county fire spokesman said. Residents were evacuated from the complex during the incident.

Firefighters contained the blaze to a second-floor unit and extinguished the fire at about 9:10 a.m.

The damage was estimated at $100,000 to the structure and $90,000 to the contents, the county fire spokesman said.

Share