Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles is seeking families to help build and occupy five homes at 2018 19th Street, Santa Monica.
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit volunteer organization that strives to eliminate poverty housing by working in partnership with selected families, volunteers and sponsors to build decent homes.
To be considered for selection applicants must:
– be currently living in substandard conditions;
– able to pay back a no-interest loan (must meet income guidelines); and
– have a willingness to partner with the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate to complete 500 hours of volunteer work in helping build the home.
Habitat for Humanity invites potential homeowners to attend one of five free orientations scheduled to be held in Santa Monica to obtain an application and receive information on the home ownership process.
Each orientation lasts approximately 90 minutes and anyone arriving more than ten minutes late will not be admitted. Space is limited and pre-registration is not required.
Applications can be obtained only at an orientation. A $20 credit-check fee must be submitted with the application.
Orientations are scheduled for:
– 2 p.m. Sunday, September 10th, at the Santa Monica Main Library, Multipurpose Room, Second Floor, 601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica;
– 2 p.m. Monday, September 11th, at St. Joseph Center, 400 W. Pico Blvd., Santa Monica;
– 5 p.m. Monday, September 11th, at the Montana Avenue Branch Library, 1704 Montana Ave., Santa Monica;
– 6 p.m. Tuesday, September 12th, at Upward Bound House, Senior Villa, 1011 11th St., Santa Monica; and
– 2 p.m. Sunday, September 17th, at the Santa Monica Main Library, Multipurpose Room, Second Floor, 601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica.
Information is available at www.habitatla.org or (310) 323-4663.