Santa Monica police are looking for two suspects who were allegedly involved in the shooting of a juvenile from Los Angeles on Cloverfield Boulevard in the Pico Neighborhood of Santa Monica Sunday, May 10th.

Police were called at 6:07 p.m. to the 2300 block of Cloverfield Boulevard regarding reports of shots fired in the area.

When officers arrived they found two male juveniles, one of whom had suffered a non life-threatening gunshot wound, Santa Monica police Sgt. Renaldi Thruston said. The other juvenile, also from Los Angeles, was not injured.

Santa Monica Fire Department paramedics took the victim to a local hospital for treatment.

The two juveniles had been walking along Cloverfield when they were approached by two suspects who asked where they were from, Thruston said. One of the suspects then allegedly fired multiple shots, striking one of the juveniles, and fled on foot, he said.

The alleged shooter is described as a Hispanic man, approximately 18 to 20 years old, five-foot-six, 150 pounds, possibly having a goatee and wearing dark clothing and a black hooded sweatshirt, police said. The second suspect is described as a Hispanic man, approximately 17 to 20 years old, five-foot-five, 160 pounds and wearing dark clothing and a dark hooded sweatshirt.

Police are continuing to investigate the shooting, which may have been gang-related, Thruston said.

Anyone with additional information regarding this incident is asked to contact Santa Monica Police Department detectives at (310) 458-8451, or the watch commander at (310) 458-8427.

Callers who wish to remain anonymous may also call the We-Tip national hotline at (800) 782-7463 (800-78-CRIME).

Share