The Los Angeles City Council has offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the shooting death of a San Pedro man near Marina del Rey earlier this year.
The City Council voted 13-0 Wednesday, December 5th, to offer the reward for suspect information in the death of Armando Mariscal, 33, who was killed October 14th.
Mariscal was in the passenger seat of his girlfriend’s vehicle, which was stopped at a red light at the intersection of Lincoln Boulevard and Maxella Avenue in Del Rey. A suspect, described as a Hispanic man driving a white van, stopped in the lane next to Mariscal’s vehicle and allegedly fired three rounds at Mariscal, striking him in the upper torso, police said.
Mariscal was taken to the UCLA Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Mariscal’s girlfriend, who was pregnant at the time, received a grazing wound, police said.
According to a City Council motion presented by Councilman Bill Rosendahl, the crime was “especially disturbing.”
Los Angeles Police Department detectives said they are attempting to locate anyone who could provide information in the incident.