Santa Monica police are looking for a 26-year-old man in connection with a shooting near the beach in Santa Monica Monday afternoon, September 10th.
Police were called at 3:45 p.m. to the 1700 block of Ocean Front Walk regarding shots fired in the area.
When officers arrived they were contacted by witnesses, who told them that the suspects and the victims had fled the location on foot.
Officers secured the scene and searched the area for evidence, Santa Monica police Lt. Alex Padilla said.
Preliminary investigation revealed that the two victims, described as Hispanic men, had been involved in an argument
with the suspect, when one of the victims allegedly brandished a knife, Padilla said.
The suspect then pulled out a handgun, pointed it at the victims and a gunshot was heard, Padilla alleged.
Police said it is unknown how many shots were fired or if any of the victims were injured, as they fled the scene southbound on Ocean Front Walk.
After the shot was fired, the suspect fled the scene. No vehicle was seen leaving the area and it is unknown what type of handgun was involved, Padilla said.
The suspect is described as a 26-year-old black man, six feet two, 180 pounds, with short dreadlocks, no shirt and wearing black and white plaid shorts, police said.
Local hospitals have been notified of the incident and the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Santa Monica Police Department at (310) 458-8427, or detectives at (310) 458-8451.
Anyone wishing to remain anonymous may call the We-Tip national hotline at (800) 782-7463 (800-78-CRIME).