Santa Claus is coming to Santa Monica early this year and Santa Monica’s firefighters and police officers are showing him the way.
Santa and his public safety helpers will be distributing holiday cheers and thousands of candy canes as part of the 14th annual “Candy Cane Drive” Sunday, December 10th.
Local children can look and listen for the lights and sirens of police cars and fire trucks, and parents may want to bring their cameras and take pictures.
Scheduled stops on Sunday, December 10th, in Santa Monica are:
– 10:30 a.m. to 10:50 a.m., Douglas Park, California Avenue and 25th Street;
– 11 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., Christine Reed Park, California Avenue and Lincoln Boulevard;
– 11:25 a.m. to 11:50 a.m., Third Street Promenade and Wilshire Boulevard;
– 1:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Virginia Avenue Park, 2200 Pico Blvd.;
– 1:45 p.m. to 2 p.m., Marine Park, Marine Street and 17th Street; and
– 2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Clover Park, Ocean Park Boulevard and 25th Street parking lot.
Information, Santa Monica Police Department Community Relations, (310) 458-8474.