Daybreak Designs, a program of the OPCC social service organization in Santa Monica, will host a Valentine’s Day sale from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8 at the OPCC Cloverfield Services Center, 1751 Cloverfield Blvd.
Among the items being sold are handmade jewelry, greeting cards, quilts, crocheted items, pottery and artwork created by clients and alumni of Daybreak.
A project of OPCC, Daybreak is a program especially designed to help mentally ill homeless women end their homelessness. The program aims to offer stable living environment where women battling homelessness and living with mental illness are safe and have direct access to a full range of services, according to OPCC.
The program includes a Day Center, interim housing with 30 beds, and a day program for guests and graduates, in addition to Daybreak Designs.
Daybreak Designs is a member-run arts and crafts business which began operation in 1999. It works to empower women recovering from homelessness and mental illness to rebuild their lives through creative, personal and financial growth.
Women of Daybreak retain 70 percent of revenue from items sold, and the remaining 30 percent is reinvested in the business.
Daybreak Designs hosts five sales annually. In addition, the Daybreak Design store at the OPCC Cloverfield Services Center is open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Information, (310) 450-0650.

Share