Los Angeles City Council Committees and the full City Council have scheduled dates to hear proposals for the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Master Plan Program that include:
– adoption of proposed override of a Los Angeles County Airport Land Use Commission inconsistency determination;
– denial of a City of El Segundo appeal on the Los Angeles City Board of Airport Commission certification of an environmental impact report (EIR) for the master plan;
– certification of the EIR (including addendum);
– approval of general plan amendments, including adoption of the LAX Plan;
– adoption of city zoning code ordinance changes;
– adoption of a LAX Specific Plan ordinance;
– adoption of zone change ordinances;
– denial of tentative tract Map appeals;
– adoption of findings;
– adoption of a mitigation monitoring and reporting program;
-adoption of a Statement of Overriding Considerations;
– approval for acquisition of properties listed in City Plan Case No. 2004-5793-PWA;
– approval of a resolution conceptually approving the draft relocation plan; and
-adoption of the LAX Master Plan (Alternative D) as a strategic framework for future airport development.
The City Council committee and City Council hearings are scheduled:
– Commerce, Energy and Natural Resources Committee; 1 p.m. Thursday, October 7th.
– Los Angeles City Council hearing 10 a.m. Tuesday, October 19th.
– City Council hearing at 10 a.m. Friday, October 1st, for a technical change to the proposed Westchester/Playa del Rey Community Plan.
All hearings will be held in the City Council Chambers, City Hall Room 340, 200 N. Spring St., downtown Los Angeles.
The public is invited to make comments at all hearings.
Information on council hearings, city clerk (213) 485-5701.
Information, LAX Master Plan, including publications,