The Santa Monica Kiwanis Club and First Federal Bank of California presented 24 music scholarships to Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District students Wednesday, June 22nd.
Awards were presented in two categories — instrumental and vocal — and in three divisions: middle school, grades nine and ten, and grades 11 and 12.
Almost 100 district students qualified for the scholarship’s final competition.
An outside panel judged the finals.
The winners were:
– Matt Vincent, grades 11 and 12, instrumental, Santa Monica High School;
– Emma Korvin, grades 11 and 12, vocal, Santa Monica High School;
– Ryan Lin, grades nine and ten, instrumental, Santa Monica High School;
– Haley Fletcher, grades nine and ten, vocal, Malibu High School;
– Richard Dobeck, middle school, instrumental, John Adams Middle School in Santa Monica; and
– Maren Jensen, middle school, vocal, Malibu Middle School.