The Kiwanis Club of Santa Monica presented ten scholarships based on scholastic achievement, community service and goals to Santa Monica College students Wednesday, August 17th.
Nine of the ten scholarships honor Kiwanis Club members who supported higher education throughout their lives.
The club awards scholarships each year and students are selected after interviews with the Kiwanis Vocational Guidance Committee.
Students who received awards this year are:
– Sai Duhamel, Kiwanis Achievement Scholarship;
– Richard Goodman, Virgil Kingsley Scholarship;
– Purna Gourisetti, Madeline Petrie Scholarship;
– Kerry Jackson, Ray Carriere scholarship;
– Hui-Ju Liao, Colin Petrie Scholarship;
– Michell Molina, Ralph Harding Scholarship;
– Erin Stretten, Carl E. Tegner Scholarship;
– Dione Surdez, Leslie Morgan Segal Scholarship;
– David Wertheimer II, James Wood Scholarship; and
– Shamira Zarbakhsh, Dr. Cyril Gail Scholarship.