More than a dozen Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) vehicles responded during a seven-hour barricade incident at a Lincoln Boulevard hospital in the Marina area last week.

A 35-year-old man was contained by police inside an X-ray room at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center Marina Campus — formerly called Daniel Freeman Marina Hospital — for about seven hours Thursday, July 14th.

LAPD officers had brought the man to the hospital for treatment after the man attempted to commit suicide while in custody at the LAPD Pacific Community Police Station on Culver Boulevard, police said.

Ali Hassan, of the West Los Angeles area, was taken to the emergency room of the hospital at about 3 p.m. after he had allegedly threatened to hang himself while being held at the police station, LAPD Lt. Phil Fontanetta said.

Hassan was arrested by the LAPD juvenile division based on a warrant for sexual abuse charges early Thursday, July 14th, and transported to the Pacific Community Police Station, Fontanetta said.

Police transported Hassan to the Marina hospital, where he was taken to an X-ray room for treatment.

During the treatment, Hassan allegedly picked up a chair and threatened police officers in the X-ray room, Fontanetta said.

Hassan had allegedly tried to escape, but officers closed the door on him and he refused to come out of the room, Fontanetta said.

“The officers were able to isolate him and protect the hospital staff until the arrival of additional resources,” he said.

LAPD Pacific Area officers were the first to respond to the scene.

A police crisis negotiation team from downtown Los Angeles also responded and was able to maintain a dialogue with Hassan throughout the evening, he said.

The negotiation team was eventually able to convince Hassan to come out of the room shortly after midnight.

No one was injured during the incident and no threats were made to the hospital staff, Fontanetta said.

Hospital operations were maintained and X-ray procedures were moved to a different area of the hospital during the incident.

After the incident, Hassan was transported to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department station in downtown Los Angeles and booked on sexual abuse charges, he said.

Additional charges are pending, he said.