Santa Monica police are asking for the public’s help in locating two suspects wanted in connection with an assault earlier this month that left a man in critical condition.
Police have released a surveillance video of the two men whom detectives believe are involved in the assault, taken around the time of the Sept. 22 incident.
The attack occurred at about 2:20 a.m. near Busby’s in the 3100 block of Santa Monica Boulevard, where a man was working out, police said.
The victim was walking westbound on the north sidewalk of Santa Monica Boulevard when he was approached by two suspects who, without provocation, allegedly brutally beat the victim about the face and head, Sgt. Richard Lewis said. It was unclear how exactly the victim was assaulted.
The man suffered major injuries to his head, face and neck and was transported to a local hospital where he is currently in critical condition, Lewis said. Following the attack, the suspects fled westbound on Santa Monica Boulevard to northbound Berkeley. They are believed to have frequented the area for a few days prior to the assault, Lewis said.
The first suspect, as shown in the video, is described as a white man in his late 20s, 6-foot to 6-foot-3, weighing 200-225 pounds, wearing a dark colored Arizona Diamondbacks baseball hat, white long sleeve shirt, dark colored shorts and dark shoes.
The second suspect is described as a white man in his late 20s, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-10, weighing 170 pounds, with a muscular build, short dark-colored hair, wearing a dark colored T-shirt, dark colored pants and dark shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Chad Goodwin at (310) 458-8942, Sgt. Ira Rutan at (310) 458-8959 or the Santa Monica Police Department (24 hours) at (310) 458-8495.