The Abbot Kinney District Association has announced an open call for an art contest for posters celebrating the 25th Annual Abbot Kinney Festival in Venice.
The winning entry will be used for the festival poster, promotions and advertising, as well as on T-shirts and bags. Contest entries must be postmarked by Saturday, February 28th.
The selected work should be representative of the spirit of Venice and a hip, life-affirming community celebration, and should be appropriate and useful for promotional purposes, according to the District Association.
Sponsored and produced by the District Association, a Venice nonprofit organization, the free festival attracts more than 130,000 people for one day. The festival is held on the last Sunday in September and features more than 300 arts and crafts vendors, community organizations, three stages of music and entertainment and a Youth and Family Courtyard, as well as food and drinks.
The finished poster will be printed in 11-by-17-inch and 18-by-24-inch formats.
The poster contest rules are as follows:
– all artwork must be original and previously unpublished;
– artwork becomes exclusive property of the Abbot Kinney District Association (also known as AKDA);
– poster artwork must include the following verbiage in a prominent, readable font “25th Annual Abbot Kinney Festival, Sunday, September 27th, 2009, 10 to 6 p.m.” and include the Web site www.abbotkinney.org/;
– the design may be in any medium but must be delivered camera and print-ready and reproducible by a variety of different media in the size and aspect ratios specified above;
– a separate adaptation for T-shirts is appreciated; and
– designs should be submitted on CD in high-resolution pdf, jpeg or tif format, along with a color hard copy. The program used and the filename should be noted on the disc.
The Abbot Kinney association Festival Committee will judge all artwork and all decisions are final. The association will have the rights to display, but not reproduce all non-winning entries at the festival or other public exhibit.
The winning artist will receive a $500 cash prize for his/her entry and a possible additional $100 for T-shirt adaptation, if required.
All entries must be sent to: Abbot Kinney Festival Poster Contest, P.O. Box 1138, Venice 90294.