The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District board of education is accepting applications to fill vacancies on the newly established Prop 39 Oversight Committee for Measure BB.
The application deadline is Wednesday, January 31st. Parents and community members are invited to apply.
The Prop 39 Oversight Committee was established Thursday, December 14th, as a result of Bond Measure BB passing on the November 2006 general election ballot.
The purpose of the committee is to oversee and ensure that bond monies spent on Measure BB projects meet the requirements of the bond language.
Following is the criteria for selections:
– be at least 18 years of age;
– not currently be an employee, official of the district or any vendor, contractor or consultant of the district; and
– not currently be serving as an elected official.
Preferable qualities are that the applicant:
– have financial and/or legal expertise/experience;
– reside, be employed or be working within the geographic boundaries of Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District; and
n communicate clearly information resulting from the committee’s work.
All attempts will be made to have the composition of the committee reflect student population and stakeholders within the community, as prescribed by the Prop 39 Oversight Committee bylaws.
The Prop 39 Oversight Committee for Measure BB is required to meet at least once per year, but no more frequently than quarterly.
Following is the appointment time:
– Wednesday, January 31st, applications are due to the Superintendent’s Office; and
– In February, appointments will be made by the board of education.
Applications may be obtained from the district Web site at www.smmusd.org (click on DACs in the dropdown menu and access the information of the Prop 39 Oversight Committee for Measure BB) or an application may be obtained in the Superintendent’s Office at 1651 16th St., Santa Monica.